The contest has ended! Congratulations to Julie Pate, the winner of the 2011 Faces of Scandinavia Comment Contest! By simply commenting and engaging with the Faces of Scandinavia website, Julie has won herself 2 roundtrip Icelandair tickets to a Scandinavian destination of her choice! Thanks to everyone who participated in this year’s contest!
Prize and Rules
One winner can bring one companion. Travel must be from July 1st, 2011, to be completed before July 1, 2012
Comment on a travel story contest, prize:
- Fly Icelandair roundtrip, economy class from US to one (1) chosen Scandinavian destination, courtesy of Icelandair: Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Bergen, Stavanger, Oslo or Trondheim. One winner can bring one companion. Travel must be from July 1st, 2011, to be completed before July 1, 2012. www.icelandair.us/Scandinavia
Travel story upload contest, prize:
- Four 16GB iPad 2
- Four iPad travel cases
- Four Scandinavian gift baskets (more information below)
- The Guidepal travel app. Click logos below to explore.
Gift basket consists of:
Norway gift basket:
- Two T-shirts from Moods of Norway, making Happy clothes for Happy people!
1 womens + 1 mens; www.moodsofnorway.com. Valued approx. $80 each.
Denmark gift basket:
- “noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine.” The ultimate foodie book – The book is an exclusive insight into the food philosophy and creativity of chef Rene Redzepi and his innovative Copenhagen restaurant, noma, which in 2010 won the title as World’s best restaurant in the annual S. Pellegrino awards run by Restaurant magazine.
Sweden gift basket:
- Unisex silver necklace from Swedish designer Efva Attling. Engraved with “Memento Vivere” (Remember to live in Latin). www.efvaattling.com Valued at approx. $225.
Finland gift basket:
- Two Alvar Aalto glass bowls from Finland. Valued at $95 each.
- Lumene Finland gift basket with assortment of skin care products with natural Arctic ingredients. Valued at $100.
Click here to view all Faces of Scandinavia, submit your own travel story and you enter to win a iPad 2 with travel case or comment on any of the travel stories and you have entered to win the trip to Scandinavia!
To be eligible to win the Grand prize, courtesy of Icelandair, one must comment on one of the personal travel stories from Scandinavia on www.facesofscandinavia.com. Multiple entries allowed.
Prize terms and conditions for 1st Grand Prize:
*Applicable airport taxes and official charges, determined by destination are approximately $110-$250 per person, including the September 11th Security Fee. ,
Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase is necessary in order to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
ELIGIBILITY. The Faces of Scandinavia Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C. who are at least 18 years of age or older. Sweepstakes is sponsored by VisitDenmark, VisitSweden, VisitFinland, Icelandair and Innovation Norway, 655 Third Avenue, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10017 (“Sponsor”). Void where prohibited by operation of law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, or the promotion and advertising agencies of any aforementioned entity, and their immediate family members and those living in their household, and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Sweepstakes, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. Comment on a travel story contest: The Sweepstakes begin at 00.01AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) April13th, 2011 and end at 11.59PM (EST) on July 13th, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will conduct one Grand Prize Drawing; to be eligible you must have entered between 00.01AM (EST) April 13th and 11.59PM (EST) on July 13th, 2011. Entrants for the Grand Prize Sweepstakes will receive one entry for each valid, unique Comment submitted.
Travel story upload contest: The first Sweepstakes period begin at 00.01AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) April 13th, 2011 and end at 11.59PM (EST) on May 13th, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The second Sweepstakes period begin at 00.01AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) May 14th, 2011 and end at 11.59PM (EST) on May 27th, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The third Sweepstakes period begin at 00.01AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) May 28th, 2011 and end at 11.59PM (EST) on June 10th, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The fourth Sweepstakes period begin at 00.01AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) June 11th, 2011 and end at 11.59PM (EST) on June 24th, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER. You may only enter for the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Drawing online, before the Sweepstakes Deadline by commenting, and sharing on Facebook, on any of the XX celebrity profile pages on www.facesofscandinavia.com.
Entries for a Grand Prize Sweepstakes must be received no later than that particular Sweepstakes’ Deadline, as determined by the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Incomplete, garbled, or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or corrupted entries. Entries become the property of the Sponsor will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. ODDS. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. Each qualified entry received during the Sweepstake Period will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing that will be held upon the close of the Sweepstakes (“Drawing Date”). On the Drawing Date, one (1) entrant (“Selected Entrants”) will be selected, at random drawing by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the respective Drawing Deadline, for the Grand Prize, as outlined below. The Selected Entrants will be notified by email. All Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within 48 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case; Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Each Selected Entrant (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, Selected Entrants must allow Sponsor to use their name and Facebook profile picture for marketing purposes. The Selected Entrants’ names may be published on Sponsor’s web site(s) and on Facebook in the form of a first and last name and Facebook profile picture. Unless restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrants will receive their Grand Prize Packet by mail within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize). Prizes shall only be mailed in the United States. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. To be eligible, the entrant must meet the age and location requirements and be a currently registered user of Facebook.
PRIZES. For the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for two (2). The prize package includes roundtrip economy class airfare aboard Icelandair, to any one of Icelandairs hubs in Scandinavia; Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger or Trondheim. The winner will be flown from one of Icelandair’s US gateways of Seattle, Minneapolis/St Paul, Orlando, New York, Boston or Washington D.C. Complimentary travel is on Icelandair only, with two people traveling on the same itinerary. All travel must originate from an Icelandair gateway in the US sand will not accumulate points in our Customer Club program for frequent travellers. Transportation to/from the traveller’s house and Icelandair gateway airport will not be provided as part of the overall trip giveaway. Flights are subject to availability at the time of reservations, which must be made three months (90 days) before travel. A Travel Agent may not be used in booking flight arrangements, and reservations must not be made via our Internet website. *All applicable airport taxes and booking fees are payable by you – prior to e-ticketing. You are also responsible for any income or other taxes that may apply. Once tickets have been issued, a change fee of $200 per person will apply for each re-issuance of your tickets. Boarding pass with seat assignment will be issued at airport check-in. Air travel prize has no cash value, is non-transferable, non negotiable, and cannot be extended, sold or redeemed for cash or other services not described in prize information.
*Applicable airport taxes, official charges and fuel surcharges, determined by destination are approximately $110-$250 per person, including the September 11th Security Fee. The trip must be completed before July 1, 2012. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Approximate retail value (ARV) of the trip is $2,000.
Selected Entrants are not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrants are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on Prize and other unspecified expenses related to Prize. All activities related to the Prize are at the Selected Entrants’ own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern activities.
5. TERMS & CONDITIONS. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with these Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. These Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. By participating, entrants (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Icelandair and local travel partners and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and the directors, officers, employees and agencies of each of the above entities (collectively “Releasees”) from any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, including any prize travel. Entrants (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) shall release Releasees, and Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
6. PRIVACY. All personal information collected by Sponsor will be used for administration of the Sweepstakes.
7. WINNER’S LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. To obtain a copy of these official rules or a winners’ list within 90 days of the close of the Sweepstakes, send your request and a self addressed stamped envelope to Whispr Group, “Faces of Scandinavia” Sweepstakes, Whisprgroup, Inc. 601 West 26th street, suite M227, New York, NY 10001. Selected Entrant’s lists will be sent once all Selected Entrant has been verified and prize(s) has/have been awarded.
© 2011 Whispr Group Inc. All rights reserved. Whispr Group, Inc. is a trademark of Whispr Group, Inc.. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.